Adsense2

Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fool!!

Yesterday was April Fool's Day. It wasn't too great for me at best until towards the end of the day. I woke up late for work and was stuck in traffic for a very long time after work. It really isnt't he best combination of things to wrap up my day

I went to 1 Utama after work to meet up with my sister for dinner. We eventually decided to go to "Oriental Cravings" simply because my sister had to eat vegetables and wanted to try out new shops in 1 Utama. So into the shop we went and we ordered our food Chinese-style (several plates served to all with each person having their own bowl of rice). I also ordered 8-Treasure Ice Kacang

When the 'Ice Kacang' arrived at the table, the only thing that came to my mind was it's so small, so small that I think that it's not worth the money. But I didn't really put much thought into it and started eating it. My sister even remarked at one point that it looks more like cendol than ice kacang. I have to admit that it's nice, really nice.. It even reminds me of the Nyonya Ice Kacang I ate in Jonker Street lately

Then suddenly, one of the attendant came over to tell us that the waiter served cendol on my table instead of the 8-Treasure Ice Kacang. And I was half-way through enjoying the 'Ice Kacang' that I let out a loud yelp and was stunned for a good 3 seconds.

Only after that when the fact started to sink in that I told him to change the dessert to what I had ordered. But boy oh boy was the cendol really nice. I'm gonna order that cendol next time we come by that shop

That was some April Fool's Day to say the least :)

No comments: