Adsense2

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tired and Undecided

Somehow, I just feel so tired and bored. I've been working for almost 1 year now. 10 months to be exact. 5 months in Monash University, another 5 months in Ernst & Young. I have to admit that it's been a very long 1 year for me and many things has changed

Monash University wasn't that tiring a job because I only had to do my work from 8am to 6pm or so. It wasn't that knowledge-intensive either. Counseling became a routine once you have done enough of it. Parents will always ask the same few questions whenever you meet them, students will always keep quiet most of the time in the presence of their parents. Most of the stuff are only administrative work

I have to admit that it was quite tough at first to move from an Accounting background student into what I'm currently doing which is more related to IT than accounting/auditing. Having learned so many new things in the past 5 months of working in EY really gave me the feeling of gratification. Perhaps I'm just consoling myself for not having gone through the traditional path of an accounting student. Or perhaps I'm just fulfilling my self-created prophecies

After these 5 months of work, I'm asking myself whether I should really stay on to do what I'm currently doing. Part of me just feels so tired of all the work and rush which is not worth it considering the lowly pay despite being a knowledge-based work. Another part of me feels like staying because of the enjoyable work that I can bear with to do even though it's not really the most fun kind of work to do. Relocating to Singapore might be a point of consideration if they have job opportunities there.

As it is, I'm just physically tired and mentally sluggish because of the work and sleeping late. I should've been sleeping by now but I'm still typing away this blog and checking for status updates in Facebook. But before I go, let me sign off with this quote that I've read today:

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Thomas A. Edison

No comments: