Adsense2

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Reason To Do Something

Ever wondered why you did something you had done?

Often times, I find myself doing things that are purely emotional. There's just no basis at all to do something but I ended up finding myself doing something, without any reason to do something. Often times, I also find myself regretting or somehow regretting what I had done.

One Example

Have you ever wondered why we drink alcoholic beverages?

Probably we are social drinkers, so we just drink when there is a social activity. On a not-so-nice basis, you can just say that social drinking is another kind of 'peer pressure'. The only difference is that your 'peers' are not so much like your peers after all.


If you don't live in the equator, you don't really have a reason to drink. In cold places, people drink alcoholic beverages to keep their body warm. If you live in the equator, there is even less reason to keep yourself warm (it's super hot in the equator, if you know what I mean).

On a rational basis, we are putting a lot of strain on our livers (even if the beverages are for free). Alcoholic beverages can put a lot of strain on the liver and it's generally bad for health. The liver is damaged slowly when the liver cells detoxifies the alcohol that we consume. This can lead to liver failure later in life if alcoholic beverages are consumed in large amounts over a long period of time.

This is aside from the high price that you have to pay for these beverages (in Malaysia). I don't know about other countries but in Malaysia, a can of beer that can be sold at RM1.50 is sold at RM5.00. That's a mark-up of more than 200%. Doesn't make any sense to me to pay so much for something that can be available at RM2.00 locally (minus tax but includes the seller's profits)

Decision?

This phenomena has been happening a little too often for me of late. I make a decision to do something that is purely made on emotions and ended up regretting what I had done. Now, I'm pretty certain of my stand on all these things and I'm determined to put a stop to all these stupid decisions!

2 comments:

witchKing said...

Chill lar brader...

LexLex said...

very chill already :D