Adsense2

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pain-Phobia?

We are humans. And our attitude leads us to avoid pain as best as we can. This is a reflex reaction that is ingrained in our brains over the centuries of evolution

However, that is the least effective way to grow ourselves. There's a saying that goes "something that doesn't kill you makes you stronger". This is in fact a very true situation. I believe that there are times when I have put myself through unnecessary situations that has made life more difficult for me. Ironically, these situations have helped me to grow as a person

As it is, I'm a person who's very academically daring. I believe that I'm not afraid of making mistakes and learning from such situations have helped me to improve academically. There's also a part of me that is always reluctant to put myself into difficult situations. One example is to approach people. I have to admit that I'm a social idiot. Although I appear to be calm for most of the time when I approach someone to talk, I find myself very reluctant to do so. Perhaps I'm just a naturally shy person or an introvert

As much as I'd like to improve myself on this point, I don't really work hard enough to improve myself on this. I sometimes tell myself I wanna improve this but the real effort doesn't really come in. That's where the plan to improve my sociability fails miserably. I'm starting to feel that I'm not trying hard enough to improve myself on this sector of my life. Stepping up will be difficult but it's a necessary choice

No comments: